Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It has been a week with this no-poo hair care and my hair is in full oil production mode!  I have visited with several people who have been using both baking soda and apple cider vinegar or vinegar only for a while now, and love the results......I'm not there yet!

The hair on the crown of my head seems tolerable, but the ends are waxy.  My latest thought is to use a natural shampoo just on the ends to remove the oil build up, but I also don't want to ruin any progress that I have made.  Either way, I am going to give this at least another week and maybe try some different baking soda/water application methods.  Currently I have been dissolving 1 Tbsp baking soda into 8 oz. of water and "washing" two or three times a week, followed by a apple cider vinegar rinse.  I have heard applying the baking soda as a paste works well too.  I might try that next.  I figure at this point, it can't get much worse!

The oil cleansing is great.  I really enjoy that and I find that I don't need much moisturizer after washing my face.  My skin feels very soft and there haven't been any extra breakouts or irritation to my face.

In other news, Kirk is getting molars and a few other teeth, which are bothering him a little bit.  A couple of the teeth have poked through, but the rest of his gums are just swollen.  He might just have a full set of teeth by the time he's two!  In true Kirk style, he's in no hurry :)


1 comment:

  1. This is so fun having you as one of the bloggers I follow. Anxious to see some pictures of your pets and garden on here too.

    ReplyDelete